Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy Week with a Happy Ending


This is my younger son, Syeed. He needs a haircut!

This past week was extremely busy. Besides my work schedule, picking up my two girls from school, and completing my usual mommy tasks, I went to see my youngest son's track meet on my only day off. It was good to see him. The last time I saw him was last month. Time sure flies when you get older.
He did well. He won his first race - 100 yard dash and placed last in his second race - 200 meter run. Despite the disappointment he felt for letting his team down, he was happy that he had done his best.


After his first race

In between my son's track meet and my daughter's charity event today, I lived the celebrity life in my not so small town. My business and lifestyle was a cover page feature in the local paper. Here's the link - http://www.centredaily.com/2010/02/13/1790895/made-with-love.html It was nice to get the word out about my business and lifestyle. The fact that I am a bodybuilder and eat raw was very amazing to many people.


This is my daughter, Kiki handing out soup

Sunday I spent the day handing out soup samples for a special group of kids called "The Wild Dream Team". This group of college students decided to forgo their trip to the Bahamas and donate whatever money they raise for this trip to the earthquake victims in Haiti. Did I mention - all of these tudents have mental or physical disabilities!


Me and Kiki working together

The event I attended was called the Soup-er Bowl. Attendees paid a small fee to spend the afternoon tasting soups graciously donated by local restaurants. There was also a silent and live auction. The entire afternoon was fun. I don't know how much money they raised, but all of them were happy with the turnout.
What a week. Time to take a breath. Breathe in, breathe out. Until next time, thanks for reading my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment