Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowy Days, Lazy Nights

"This is my youngest daughter, Ayanna - photographer"

Winter has definitely let all of us know that she is here. Everywhere I look, I see the beautiful blanket of snow covering the ground. Although I love, love, love the snow, it has made me lazy. With five weeks to go until my first competition of 2010, I have not gone to the gym in the past week. I have just been lazy. Yes I work, but that is not a good excuse. I wish it was.
So, I've decided to get back on track. Today after work I am headed to the gym. I will hang my head in shame as I pass the front desk and make my way to the elliptical room, then the weight room. I have promised my body an amazing workout as it is way overdue. I can't wait until tomorrow when I will feel the results of this session. I can actually hear my body thanking me. This will make my trainer happy.
As I write this blog, I am enjoying yummy raw oatmeal with fruit and granola. Sorry, there aren't any pictures. I ate it before I could thought about pictures. I will make it again tomorrow, it is my daily indulgence in the morning, take pictures and post the recipe.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I enjoyed mine with my sweetie. We slept in late (shame on us) and enjoyed a late breakfast - an omelet with cheese, onions and mushrooms for him (he does not eat raw) and fruit with lemon zinger tea for me. Dinner for him was turkey meatloaf, wild rice and a baked sweet potato and for me a delicious Caesar Salad. I will post pictures and the recipe at a later date.
Since I began this blog with talk about snow, I believe I should end it with pictures my youngest daughter took last week. More snow is coming out way tonight!
"Snowy picture outside my window"

"Icicles on our bushes"

Until the next time,
Keep Peace in Your Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment