Friday, December 10, 2010

Beauty and the Meat Eating Beast

As I look at the title of this post, I must laugh. I am referring to myself and my life partner. We are two different people that blend well together even though we follow different paths. I, Beauty, follow the vegetarian/raw food path. I believe this path works for me as it lets me see and experience things I didn't when I did eat meat. My life is more pleasant. I begin each day with meditation and a hearty bowl of raw oatmeal. Beginning my days this way allow me to feed my belly and my inner being. I even add yoga to my mornings when I do not make it to the gym. Being the "Beauty" has enable me to grow physically and spiritually. I like the way things are developing and changing for me. I find that I am more aware of myself, my needs, my wants, and so many other things. I am a better person.
Now for the "Beast"...okay he's not a beast. My partner is such a beautiful person. I have never met someone who is so caring, honest, confident, and well grounded. He is my balance. Now for the meat...he believes eating meat is how man is suppose to be. Just as I use meditation for my inner peace and growth, he uses hunting for the same purpose. He hunts a deer, kills it, feeds his belly and his inner being with the enjoyment of the hunt. He says hunting makes him a better person. Did I mention he is funny, too.
As we continue our life together, I see so many things about the two of us that are different but similar. This, corny as it is, completes the two of us.
Who or what completes you?

No comments:

Post a Comment